This is what she chose:
I dig Domokun but not on a wedding cake. This shouldn't look like a child's birthday cake after all! I focused on the little wooden clothespin dolls and drew up a design for Sonia to see:
After she OK-ed the design, I got crackin:
All the materials were bought from Michael's. I wrapped fabric covered wire (found in the floral section) with peach colored embroidery thread. I used white satin ribbon and hot glued a dress together. The top part of the dress was hot glued on using lace ribbon with beading already sewn in on it. Bride was a piece of cake.
After I painted the faces with acrylic paint and a fine brush, it was time to work on the groom. Now this was a pain in the ass to do. I bought a square of black fabric and hot glued the pants. That was easy enough. Unfortunately, hot glue wasn't gonna solve the problem of construction the suit jacket. I literally had to stitch a little blazer together with sleeves and a teeny hem.
I had bought some fancy lime green paper and silver glittery stickers to make the festive bunting. It's all glued together with a little bit of Elmer's glue.
I folded some origami paper cranes out of white iridescent paper and stuck them on bamboo skewers. Holes had to be drilled on the sides of the wooden base after I painted it a pearly lime green. I brought the cake topper with me to Hawaii and was surprised to find out I would be the one decorating the cake!
Here's how the end result looked: