Friday, August 12, 2011

Peach hand pie.

I made peach hand pies!


My co-workers and I visited Demarest Farms in Hillsdale, NJ during our lunch hour. It was the perfect day to spend time eating outdoors on a farm. They had a great salad bar and made to order hot/cold sandwiches.

Peaches are in season now so visitors were welcome to pick peaches in their orchards. They had an abundance of picked peaches for sale.


There was no way all the peaches could be eaten before they went bad so I made little peach hand pies.



I used Smitten Kitchen's Bourbon Peach Hand Pie recipe. I cheated a little bit and used store bought pie dough. Didn't have the time to chill my dough and what not. I always found homemade pastry dough so time consuming to do. I used a biscuit cutter to cut out the dough. They sort of look like dumplings.

These turned out okay. I have the tendency to use less sugar than the recipe calls for but I think I shouldn't have skimped on the added sweetness. I also think next time I'll try to make my own pastry dough.
Looks pretty though, don't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment