Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ve's Kona coffee in drawstring bag.


Another thing about drawstring bags is they make great gift bags. Instead of wrapping presents with gift wrap where the paper is thrown away, gift bags have further use.

After returning from Hawaii, I decided to take up the ukulele. Was glad
Ve said she had a spare ukulele she could give me to get started. In exchange, I'm giving her some Kona coffee I bought from the big island of Hawaii.

I used floral patterned cotton fabric and cotton muslin. A few years ago, I once worked as a designer for a shoe company. The drawstring was made with laces from shoe samples that would've otherwise been thrown away. A JoAnn's Fabric store opened in my hometown and when I visited, I went bonkers over their cotton lace trim.



No comments:

Post a Comment