Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Shiba Baby Quilt - START!

An artist blog I follow posted this super cute shiba inu desktop wall paper. I left the artist a comment saying this would look awesome as a fabric print. I never think people actually pay attention to comments but this artist certainly did! Boy, was I pleased to see this listing on Spoonflower:
Shiba and Owl

I ordered a yard in organic cotton sateen. When it finally arrived in the mail, I couldn't wait to sew it up into a quilt. I went to Jo-Ann's to buy some white flannel with blue polka dots for the back side. It 's a little contrast to the little blue pillow the Shiba in the print has on its head!


I had planned on just quilting on the machine like I've done before using Martha Stewart's tutorial. But I didn't want to stitch over the cute Shiba Inus. So I decided to try hand quilting circles around the doggies. 



This will bound to take me forever! But I need a quiet project to work on. More progress to come!
 
Check out Elda The's blog: http://thousandskies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment